Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Little Better Today

Woke up feeling a bit better today. Still coughing and sneezing a lot, but the sinus pressure seems to be subsiding. Had the vicks vapo steam thingy running in the bedroom last night. I think it helped me get more rest, resulting in my feeling better today. :) Going to run it again tonight. Kinda seemed a little silly last night--the air conditioner going in the window, and the steam thingy going on the dresser. I think they might have canceled each other out a bit, cuz it really didn't seem as cool in there as it usually is. It has been very muggy here recently. Gotta run the air, or wouldn't get any sleep at all. Very thankful for that.

Changed things up a bit today. Still drinking lots of juice, but tried to cut back some. My body is really missing all the water it usually gets. Yesterday was all juice, today I tried to even it out with half the juice and a lot more water. Still needing the extra vitamins to kick this cold, but wanting my water, too. And I am not really liking all the extra calories that come with the juice. Felt up to running some errands today. Felt good to be out doing things today. So unlike yesterday. Stopped at the supermarket on my way home today. Needed to pick up a few fresh things for the house. They had green grapes on sale for $1.39 lb. Good deal. Picked up a big bunch of those! Can't wait to have some for snack later!

I find it to be a big challenge for me to go grocery shopping. Since I am home alone most of the time now, it is hard for me to shop and cook for one person. I am used to doing it for 5 or more people. I used to enjoy cooking for my family. I don't want to cook dinner for one in the micro-wave. Although that would make things easier, I know it is not the answer. It is just not healthy. And even that gets pricey, too. When I find out that hubby will be coming home, I go and get fresh stuff to make him a good home cooked meal. But I find it difficult to cook for just me. I don't want to buy to much stuff when I go to the store, because it goes bad before I can eat it all. So, then I feel like I should consume it just so that it doesn't go to waste. So then it goes to my waste. I see that this is one more item on the list of things I need to work on.

I see that Tammy was right. This really is very therapeutic. I have learned something new about myself everyday since I have started this. YAY!! That's really gonna help!

I got in a little exercise today. Walked twice for 15 mins each today. Not much, but better than the last two days, so I'm o k with that. That seems to be about the limit right now before the crazy coughing starts up again. My throat is getting kinda sore from all of that. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

Gonna go get ready to have my grape snack now. Yummy! Then hit the hay with my steam thingy. Praying to get some good rest tonight, leading to an even better day tomorrow.

Have a super great day!!
~AL~ :)

1 comment:

  1. im sure sorry your sick..i think your doing a great job on the blogging and it does really help..you get some rest and then you can really get to working out..im glad you are drinking the water..that is always good for you..your doing great and get some fresh produce and make you a good salad..thats what i would do..i loveya,kelli

    ReplyDelete