Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I HAVE Questions.....I DON'T HAVE Answers

Yesterday was weigh day.
Lost one lb this week.
Finally got to move my ticker again.
Almost forgot how, it's been so long.

I have been going to a nutritionist once a week for over a month now. She has been having me track everything I eat. Between her and my trainer, and me, of course, we cannot figure out why I have not been losing any weight. For the food I eat and the work outs I do, they even think I should have been losing some weight by now. And let me say, I have written down EVERYthing that goes into my mouth. A couple of weeks ago when I was sick, I even wrote down the cough drops I had. I wrote down the sugar free gum I chewed. I honestly write down everything. When she says "eat this and don't eat that" that's exactly what I do. And then I weigh and measure everything that I do eat. She says that part of my new lifestyle is right on track. So I was sent for blood work two weeks ago, to see if there was perhaps some underlying condition for my non-existent progress. So far they have found nothing. I have to go back again next week for more extensive testing. Oh, goody!

How-ever, this week is the last time that I get to meet with the nutritionist. For now, anyway. Her position at the clinic is only part time, and she took a full time job somewhere else. So far, they have not found a replacement for her. They said they would call to let me know when they have a new person, so I can resume my sessions. But in the meantime, I have no one. Kinda upset and worried about that.

I have checked around at other places to see if one is available. They do have some at other clinics, but then I would have to pay for it. (not in my budget at this time--between the gym membership and the trainer, things are getting kinda tight right now.) She was free for me at the clinic I go to through my dr setting it up for me. They have one at the local Y, but you have to be a member there for that. I chose the gym instead of the Y for many reasons. (not going to get into those now) Guess I will patiently wait for her to be replaced......

The good news is that both the trainer and the nutritionist think that I only need to lose about fifty lbs, not the seventy-five I was looking at. But I think I would still like to see the higher number. If I can ever get the scale to move, that is. Guess I'm not as fat as I thought I was. But still......

Having mixed thoughts about the next round of testing. Would be nice to know that there is something holding up my progress, but yet it would really suck to find out that there is something wrong with me. Not really liking this line of thinking.

Still not giving up. Meeting with the trainer again tomorrow. Can't wait for him to kick my ass. I been kickin me own ass all week. I really love my new work outs. I feel amazing! I look forward to going to the gym! How crazy is that?!

And still no new baby yet. Getting kinda tired of waiting. Should be soon though. I can't wait!

Have a good night, all.

~AL~

No comments:

Post a Comment